About Me

My photo
Katy, Texas
Married to Adam for 7 years and we have three beautiful children, Mason & Taylor and Peyton. I'm a stay at home mom and feel so blessed to spend each day investing in their lives.
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Random Saturday

Last night, I realized my favorite coffee brewer was going to be at the Plano Central Market giving out free samples. This also means that this particular Central Market would now be carrying my favorite coffee.

Back story: I love coffee, okay, that's really not a surprise to anyone that reads my blog. My favorite breakfast spot is in my hometown of Katy called The Bagel Cafe. I've been a regular attender since they opened in 2004. Even when we lived in California, I made sure to frequent them for breakfast and lunch often. It is at this establishment that I have found my favorite coffee of all time, Katz Coffee. They are locally owned and brewed in the Houston area. The owner of The Bagel Cafe is good friends with Mr. Katz himself.

So instead of tackling this disaster...

the kids playroom, I opted to drive an hour across town to meet Mr. Katz himself and score a great deal on my favorite coffee beans.


First of all, let me say that it's a bit embarrassing for me to put a picture of the kids playroom looking like this. It went from spotless to looking like a tornado came through in less than five minutes. It's amazing what two small kids can do to a room. Usually, they help me clean up the room, but Friday night I was so ready to just put them to bed, that I figured I would tackle it later.

After my day yesterday, the last thing I wanted to do with my free time was clean up the kids playroom, so it sat like this overnight. YIKES! If you know me, I'm a bit OCD and can't stand for things to be out of place and unorganized so that goes to show you it must have been a rough day Friday.

When we woke up this morning, I knew exactly what I wanted to do today and it involved buying my favorite coffee beans. I walked by the playroom and just kept walking. What has gotten into me? Don't worry, it will get cleaned up.

The Central Market is right down the road from my aunts house and about 15 minutes from Adam's grandparents house. Good to know for future visits. By the way, I was able to score all three 12oz bags for $19. That is a steal, considering it usually costs $12 a bag. The things I will do for my coffee.
post signature

No comments: