Thankfully, we were the first well checkup this morning and were seen right away. The only hiccup was having to take Taylor to the potty, because we all know that soon to be three year olds can't really hold it all that long. In my house, when they say they have to go, you have a very small time frame before you push your luck. Mason waited in the room, while I carried Peyton and took Taylor to the bathroom. By the time I walked back in, Mason was having a deep conversation with Dr. W about how big he is getting in and how he loves playing with his pirate ship.
Thankfully, Peyton is thriving and doing extremely well. She can hold her head up no problem, turns her head to listen to whoever is talking to her, grasps whatever you have dangling in front of her and is drooling up a storm. We were given the go ahead to start her on some solids one time a day. I was excited to hear this, because I always enjoyed making her baby food.
At 4 months, Peyton takes two naps during the day. She refuses to nap longer than 30 minutes to an hour in the morning and will usually take a two hour nap in the afternoons. She still isn't a fan of napping during the day. By 5:30pm, she starts to get really sleepy and lets all of us know. Usually no later than 6pm I give her a bottle and she is out by 6:30pm. (I love that all our kids have adjusted to early bedtimes.) She will wake up around 11pm and take another bottle and fall right back to sleep until 8am. She will wake up occasionally, but we let her cry it out and that has seemed to work for us. The long stretch of sleeping is pretty new for her, as she has been doing it the last 2 weeks. I am so thankful for consistent sleep. Soon, we will drop her 11pm feeding, especially since we will be starting solids soon.
4 Month Stats:
Weight: 18lbs 10oz - over 100th percentile (10lbs and 4oz since she was born)
Height: 26 in. - 90-95th percentile
With her growing so quickly, we also will be changing her over to a convertible car seat in the next month.

1 comment:
Children grow up way too fast. My daughter is now five. No idea where the time went.
Post a Comment